Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will tridente work ?

Go down 
+6
LofL
AquilaBelga
Sturges
pazke
aDDi
Amir
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Amir

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Will tridente work ? Empty
PostSubject: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 12:01 pm

I blogged yesterday over this issue. Below is the entire text.
Post your opinions.

This is the question that has been bothering me for the last couple of days. The return of captain Tommaso Rocchi against Bologna may see Delio Rossi use the so long awaited tridente: which in practice means to play at the same time Rochi, Zarate and Padev. Playing the three of them at the same time will require some sacrifices from Zarate and Pandev who will have to return back to assist other midfielders. Take that for a fact. Then the question arises: can they be as productive in creating chances/scoring once they will have extra work to do ? That will require physical activity in defending, rather than concentrating in creating and scoring. I honestly don`t know.

What I know for sure however is that Pasquale Foggia, in such a case would have to transfer to the bench. Because Ledesma and Brocchi are starters for sure and at this point coach Rossi is using Mauri as a substitute for the injured Matuzalem.
Back to top Go down
aDDi
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 48
Country and city : Canada, Montreal
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:19 pm

I don't see why it wouldn't. Remember when Bianchi and Rocchi played together upfront, while Pandev was behind them providing the assists?
I think Pandev's plays better behind the strikers, and I think that the lethal pair of Zarate and Rocchi upfront backed by Pandev's support will prove to be a perfect mix cheers
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
pazke

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 1:33 pm

It should work, give Rocky the place up front in the centre, and Zarate a bit on the right, then behind Pandev in a free rol, to leave the left side for Foggia ... we'd kill any team like that
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Sturges

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 3:04 pm

pazke wrote:
It should work, give Rocky the place up front in the centre, and Zarate a bit on the right, then behind Pandev in a free rol, to leave the left side for Foggia ... we'd kill any team like that

Seems too offensive and unbalanced

Last edited by Sturges on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AquilaBelga
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
AquilaBelga

Number of posts : 21
Country and city : Eden UT
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 5:43 pm

Sounds like a luxury problem we haven't had in a long time!! I think the tridente would work, although it would be really sad to put Foggia on the bench after all his hard work. I guess we can start rotating the players a bit. I agree with Sturges that we can't have Rocchi, Pandev, Zarate AND Foggia on the field though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 6:18 pm

i dont see any problme with this:-? we play with tridente already, only change is players not tactic, with this i think pandev play behind of zarate & tomasso, that will be great fortunately
only doubt is that foggia play next to ledesma & brocchi or mauri, that not really important bc it give us the chance that if one of them playing bad or we need result or hand is open to change both tactic & players
anyway i think we use dabo instead of brocchi revision of time
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
LofL

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florø, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 7:12 pm

I think this will work for sure. My only concern is putting Foggia on the bench when he have worked hard to get a place in the first team. We could move him to the midfield where Mauri usually plays, Matuzalem and Meghni is always injured all the time anyway. Im a bit worried this will be to offensive, Foggia will have to help more in defense.
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 pm

thats the thing, i just dont see the little squirt helping in defense.

Matuzalem brocchi and ledesma are our ideal 3 for the mid, they were like sort of made to play there.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
AbedElkader

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 pm

valdanito_10 wrote:

Matuzalem brocchi and ledesma are our ideal 3 for the mid, they were like sort of made to play there.

I think O.Dabo is going to be a starter instead of brocchi or matuzalem
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 12:28 am

Sturges wrote:
pazke wrote:

Seems too offensive and unbalanced
I agree. This seems like something that only works on paper. I like the pace Foggia brings to the trequartista spot, perhaps we should gradually introduce Rocchi back and from there see which groupings work and which do not.
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 1:04 am

AbedElkader wrote:
valdanito_10 wrote:

I think O.Dabo is going to be a starter instead of brocchi or matuzalem

i dont, but lets see.!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 am

I agree that Dabo is definitely a potential starter for Lazio even though Brocchi has done very well so far I believe. Matuzalem and Ledesma are definite starters for me, if both available, and I see Dabo and Brocchi battling it out for the last spot in the midfield of 3 that Rossi puts out.

When Rocchi returns I think it would be unfair on Zarate, Pandev and Foggia if one of them was to be dropped just so our captain Rocchi takes a starting spot. The 3 mentioned have done exceptionally well for us this season and deserve their spots and should all start against Bologna in the weekend - if all fit. Rocchi should be integrated into the team, put on in the second half and for the next few weeks I think that is how it should be because we do not want to break up the current trident Lazio has established and works so well. After more game time, Rossi should know which player to play and which to not but if Foggia is dropped from the first minute to make room for Rocchi then I will be very disappointed in Delio. The boy has worked so hard, done so well, brings another dimension to the Lazio attack and if he is pushed to the bench it is unjust in my honest opinion. Don't get me wrong, I love Rocchi and he is a great player and has been vital for us over the last 4 years and needs to be playing but with the current 3 attackers doing so well as mentioned several times, it would not be smart and wise to automatically drop one of them so that Rocchi starts.

FORZA LAZIO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will tridente work ?   Will tridente work ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will tridente work ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: