Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Songs and Albums!

Go down 
+8
Bluenergy
Belgio
Mafalda
BigMamaEagle
Henrik
Trequartista
Giolazio
Laziophilic
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziophilic

Number of posts : 279
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

New Songs and Albums! Empty
PostSubject: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:33 pm

Here I would like to post the new songs from the world best bands and musicians!

For Rock & Roll fans (like Me pirat ), post your opnion on Coldplay's new song: Violet Hill from their eagerly awaited new album Viva La Vida!

I did not like it so much! any news when U2 will release their new incoming Album Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyMon May 26, 2008 11:36 pm

I'm a fan of coldplay but this isn't one of their better songs imo.

For any rock fans out there check out The Black Keys new album or all their stuff if you havn't heard of them. Good old fashioned 70s style blues rock and roll!
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 3:21 am

ditto on the black keys, especially if you're into blues-based classic rock like me
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 4:12 am

Trequartista wrote:
ditto on the black keys, especially if you're into blues-based classic rock like me

Was at one of their shows in Glasgow on Thursday there, completely blew me away!

Are there any other similar newish bands breaking through in the States at the moment? Nothing like them are coming through in the UK, it's all indie pop rubbish! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:39 am

perhaps, i have a friend who works in NY for a record label who is a big fan of theirs so i'll ask her. . in my opinion, there's some similar stuff made by the white stripes (try: the hardest button to button). for now i'd check out as many of their albums as you can. or go back to some classics: jimi hendrix (obviously, but definitely check out the "jimi blues" & "war heroes" album), led zeppelin (especially their blues hits like "when the levee breaks", "heartbreaker"and "nobody's fault but mine"), junior kimbrough (the black keys actually covered a few of his songs, including "my mind is rambling" & "meet me in the city").

anyways, i'll get back to you on some similar "new" artists.

sorry, but one more suggestion: use pandora.com and create a station based on the black keys, quick and easy way to find new music based on what you already like.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Thanks! Yeah already got full catalogues of White Stripes, Led Zepellin and some Hendrix. I'll check out Junior Kimbrough though, i'm not really familiar with. Pandora's a good idea cheers!
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Henrik

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Go cop Looptroop Rockers - Good Things!
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziophilic

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:59 pm

[quote="Trequartista"] led zeppelin (especially their blues hits like "when the levee breaks", "heartbreaker"and "nobody's fault but mine")quote]

Not to forget of course "Stairway to Heaven" mate, I listend to a great version of it in which they sing it with Pinkfloyd, it really rocks!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote="Laziophilic"]
Trequartista wrote:
led zeppelin (especially their blues hits like "when the levee breaks", "heartbreaker"and "nobody's fault but mine")quote]

Not to forget of course "Stairway to Heaven" mate, I listend to a great version of it in which they sing it with Pinkfloyd, it really rocks!

Led Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You" (the How The West Was Won live version espescially) has to be the greatest blues rock song of all time!
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu May 29, 2008 12:07 am

Laziophilic wrote:

great song, but hardly blues
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbLFYXa2vBk

What a great song.... The Legend who died a few days before Alija and was prepered to take the world already finished few songs in english... This i his first that yesterday was promoted excluivly in Croatian radio festival
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziophilic

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 9:18 pm

I had downloaded Coldplay new song "Viva La Vida" recently, well my 1st impression it is not that so special!

Still "The Scientist", "Clocks", "Square One", "Yellow", "The Hardest Part" and "Speed of Sound" much more better, lets wait until the full album.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 7:13 pm

OMG!!!!! Last night I finally completed my life goal!

I drove down to Liverpool to the Liverpool Sound concert to see Paul McCartney live! It has always been my life long ambition to see one of the Beatles in the flesh and hear him perform some of the songs.

Macca was in top form and I couldn't hide my emotion when 'Let It Be' came on. He also did a tribute to George Harrison and sang 'Something' and a tribute to John Lennon and sang 'A Day In The Life' and 'Give Peace A Chance'.

Yoko Ono and George Harrison's wife were only a few rows away and were quite emotional. It was a night I'll never forget!

Any other Beatles fans in this forum?
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziophilic

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Well it is so great to attend Paul McCartney live Giolazio.

I read before that McCartney, U2, Coldplay and others will make a concert in Hyde Park in London this summer celebrating Nelson Mandella's birthday, don't miss it man (:
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:18 pm

Laziophilic wrote:
Well it is so great to attend Paul McCartney live Giolazio.

I read before that McCartney, U2, Coldplay and others will make a concert in Hyde Park in London this summer celebrating Nelson Mandella's birthday, don't miss it man (:

Wow, I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member
BigMamaEagle

Number of posts : 236
Country and city : USA
Laziale since : 2000

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:16 am

I'm probably the only one to think this, but my favorite blues guitar work from Jimmy Page is found in the song "I'm Gonna Crawl" from the In Through the Out Door album (their last original record). If you want more classic blues-rock guitar, you cannot forget about Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck.

I've often wondered how Zeppelin would have ended up if John Bonham had lived. What a waste of life and talent. Jimmy Page managed to kick his heroin habit, but John Bonham died an alcoholic

Otherwise, my favorite band is Tokio Hotel.
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Mafalda

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:59 pm

Bryan Adams has been for years my favorite ... his romantic hits cant be compared ...

If some one of you have the chance listen to Ricardo Arjona, he is other fantastic romantic singer... he is from Guatemala.
And the cuban trova: Silvio Rodríguez and Pablo Milanés. Fantastic!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Belgio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Belgio

Number of posts : 785
Country and city : Italia

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 1:51 pm

BigMamaEagle wrote:
I'm probably the only one to think this, but my favorite blues guitar work from Jimmy Page is found in the song "I'm Gonna Crawl" from the In Through the Out Door album (their last original record). If you want more classic blues-rock guitar, you cannot forget about Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck.

I've often wondered how Zeppelin would have ended up if John Bonham had lived. What a waste of life and talent. Jimmy Page managed to kick his heroin habit, but John Bonham died an alcoholic

Otherwise, my favorite band is Tokio Hotel.

scratch From such legends to such .... thingy :p ?
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member
BigMamaEagle

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Belgio wrote:

Crying or Very sad what do you mean? I think they're great, and so do lots of other people. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Mafalda

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:54 pm

BigMamaEagle wrote:
Belgio wrote:

Crying or Very sad what do you mean? I think they're great, and so do lots of other people. Crying or Very sad

My daughter die for Zeppelin ...
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member
BigMamaEagle

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:15 pm

Mafalda wrote:
BigMamaEagle wrote:
Belgio wrote:

Belgio was referring to Tokio Hotel. He apparently doesn't like them.
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Mafalda

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:19 pm

BigMamaEagle wrote:
Mafalda wrote:
BigMamaEagle wrote:
Belgio wrote:

Belgio was referring to Tokio Hotel. He apparently doesn't like them.
AH ... I dont know them scratch
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member
BigMamaEagle

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Oh, they're really great. They're from Germany, and sing mostly in German, but also in English. They have really great hair too.
Back to top Go down
Belgio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Belgio

Number of posts : 785
Country and city : Italia

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:04 pm

BigMamaEagle wrote:
Oh, they're really great. They're from Germany, and sing mostly in German, but also in English. They have really great hair too.

Don't get me wrong, you can't argue about taste. It just hurted to see them in the same paragraph Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigMamaEagle
Honour member
Honour member
BigMamaEagle

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:16 pm

Be fair Belgio. They were in the same post, but definitely not in the same paragraph! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Songs and Albums!   New Songs and Albums! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Songs and Albums!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next