Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD

Go down 
+39
hamidsinisa
Miro
Cornholio
valdanito_10
Mirjalovic
LazioS70
Austria-Laziale
addi1900
LofL
William-85
Bridge-Bhoy
drazvan
Boksic
Ed
blue-white
EL MATADOR
Roman_Eagle
danielganx
Kris
zoran
lazio365
Gizas
Henrik
Giolazio
Bobbi
phantomm1976
martinese
Jofo
Sile
Cash
The Big Payback
LaziOttimo
AbedElkader
usampa
Demonheunet2
Caput Mundi
Caxi
ClockworkOrange
Ermetico
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Henrik

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:18 pm

blue-white wrote:
I donīt think that itīs sad. Itīs right that some of them earn not very much because they could get more at another club.

BUT eyerybody of these players knew what they will be earning when they joined Lazio. And everybody unwrited the contract which was them offered.

For example - Muslera is getting too less money. But he signed this contract - he signed it because he wanted and nobody told him that he has to.
Now, heīs one of best players and on lalaziosiamonoi.it you can read, that Lotito will be talking to Musleraīs manager for a new contract. So, in the new contract he will be earning more than now.

Don't be so sure mate, we never know with Lotito...
Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
blue-white

Number of posts : 384
Country and city : Austria
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Quote :
Don't be so sure mate, we never know with Lotito...

When there is made a new contract, he will be earning more. If heīs not earning more, then there will NOT be a new contract....in this fact Muslera would leave... No

But Iīm sure that he underwrites a new one.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Giolazio wrote:
At the end of the day Zoran, these players signed the deals off their own back and each contract should be honoured. This is a subject you will never see sympathy from me because the wages in football are quite frankly pathetic. To earn in a week what most people struggle to earn in a year, and to still complain about it....Fanculo!
i don't like to talk any more about Pandev or Ledesma so...you think that Kolarov still will play for 250k per year ?!? he have this contract until 2012 or 13....i bet all of you that if he don't have over 1.5-2.5 until winter or summer that he will go...
p.s. i must say this: Manfredini is the king! - if i was the president ill pay him + 100k just not to come on the trening :p
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 am

There's no point arguing over it but it does make interesting reading.

We have roughly the same size of a roster as Udinese and yet we spend almost twice as much as them on wages. I know many stipulate that that is mainly due to the fact we overpay the oldies.

However, while Di Natale sits on 1 million a year, we have Zarate, Cruz, Brocchi and Rocchi getting paid more than that. Arguably, if anything, we are overpaying our players anyway; by quite a margin.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Lazio salaries 2009   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:54 pm

http://www.calciomercato.com/index.php?c=25&a=140913

Check this:

Zarate - 2 mil
Cruz - 1.8 mil
Rocchi - 1.2 mil
Brocchi - 1.2 mil !!!
Matuzalem - 0.9 mil
Stendardo - 0.9 mil !!!
Baronio - 0.75 !!!
Inzaghi - 0.75 !!!
Manfredini - 0.6 mil !!!
Ledesma - 0.5 mil !!!
Pandev - 0.45 mil !!!

seeing this, no wonder Pandev and Ledesma want to leave...I mean I do not agree with their attitude, but I mean common! how can Pandev get 2.5 times less than Brocchi and Rocchi, 4 times less than Cruz, and 5 times less than Zarate??? How can Ledesma get less than Brocchi, Baronio and Manfredini?

Also Muslera and Kolarov have 0.25 mil per year...I expect soon they will want more...
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Bridge-Bhoy

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 5:56 pm

In a word Shocking, truley disgraceful.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:07 pm

I merged the existing topics. Please continue.
Back to top Go down
William-85
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
William-85

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:28 am

Not sure where to post this scratch anyway check this video out!!

Great stuff!!!

Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
lazio365

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 am

Man, what a video. Great, great moments and passion. Forza Lazio
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:43 am

Time to reignite this topic. Here are the players I want to see next season:

Goalkeepers:

Muslera
Berni
Iannarilli

Full Backs:

Scaloni
Lichtsteiner

Central Defenders:

Radu
Stendardo
Dias
Diakite'
Biava

Wingers:

Del Nero

Central Midfielders:

Ledesma
Baronio
Hitzlsperger
Mauri
Brocchi

Forwards:

Floccari
Rocchi
Zarate
Cruz
Barreto

I find footballing philosophies in this forum to be narrow-minded at times. That's a squad of 21 and some inclusions may be dubious but keep in mind, I do not expect us to be world-beaters nor do I want to see some of those guys feature regularly. However, in the dressing room, there are characters and decent players who can help push this club forward.

- The experience at top level of Scaloni and the fact he is still ok makes him worth keeping for a position that needs reworking.

- Baronio's guts and heart, along with the fact that he can replace Ledesma on the odd occasion he is suspended/injured makes him worth keeping for one year.

- Hitzlsperger is a weapon that can be alternated with Mauri depending on the opposition. It is a nice tactical alternative to have but not essential. Still, I think he would be an asset in the dressing room too.

- Cruz came into this season with no pre-season at all and has been dogged by injuries. Not essential but with Kozak and Mendicino unlikely to be ready for the step-up next season, one more season will not hurt.

The four names above can be kept for one more year and then released. I do not like the idea of having to fork out a significant sum of money on four new players. Those guys have all played at the highest level and their experience and presence behind the scenes will keep us steady. If I am not mistaken, our form since Reja would have taken us comfortably into the Top 10 which should be next season's goal. Our squad does not need improvement to reach that target. It needs cultivating.

Central defense suffices for next season as does centre midfield and attack. We need, in my opinion, a left-back, a left-winger and two right wingers.

We could use Luciani, Perpetuini, Eliseu and Foggia and spend nothing this summer. Or, we can generate cash and try and bolster the squad.

In other words, let's get this squad down to a core 25. If we do that, I don't think we need a single addition to make Top 10 and we can re-evaluate come January.

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 233637
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:01 am

Agree with a majority of that Caxi, but I would like to see Matuzalem, Firmani and Foggia included as well (unless good offers come in for them). In fact I'd say Firmani must be kept.

Baronio, Hitzlsperger, Cruz and Scaloni have experience and should be kept for the following season. I believe if Thomas is given time he will deliver no doubt. If he can rediscover his Aston Villa and Stuttgart form then he will be a big asset to the squad. Baronio and Scaloni are solid back ups. If fit Cruz can cause opponents serious problems.

Eliseu, Carrizo, Bizzarri, Siviglia, Meghni, Inzaghi and Makinwa need to be sold, released or used as bargaining chips.

I don't want to lose Perpetuini however. In the few games he has played for Lazio over the last 2 seasons I think he did well in them. He has potential, passion and is versatile. Perhaps loaning him out for another season would be a good idea - same as Kozak and Mendicino. Luciani, Sevieri and the other youngsters I don't know about. Loans I guess.

As for what players to come in I'm not sure. It depends if Reja sticks to his 3-5-2 which has worked effectively for us since his arrival. I assume he will, so for that I would like to see two main additions - a left back to cover Kolarov's very likely departure, and an attacking central midfielder (given who knows how much of the season Matuzalem will miss). A winger (or two) would be a good addition as well.

Perhaps another striker (considering who knows how Zarate, Cruz and Barreto will perform)? Floccari for me is the only reliable striker we have. Rocchi has been terrific in the second part of the season, but whether he can sustain it for an entire year I don't know. If Zarate gets back to his best, Cruz remains injury free and Barreto is able to step up then we will be fine - but if not, then we will be depleted in attack again.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:13 am

I questioned the purchases of Matuzalem and Zarate last season and I still do now. The latter must be kept because if he arrives in pre-season in better shape, he can be huge next season. I absolutely love the former but the legs are gone I'm afraid and any decent bid needs to be accepted.

Foggia's temperament and fitness worries me too much and I no longer think Firmani's ability or passion is enough to keep him here.

I agree that the 3-5-2 formation dictates what we need. Put it this way, in a 3-5-2, I think Cribari has a place in the team (since we rely on Radu to be the only left-footed defender we have). In any other formation, he is worthless. However, we wouldn't necessarily need a Kolarov replacement if we did keep Cribari and played that formation so there are dilemmas there.

Only thing I would say. We have big lads like Dias and Stendardo to pitch balls at. Time for some proper wingers who can cross.

Also, I have no qualms about the youngsters going out on loan but none of them deserve a first team spot yet. Luciani and Perpetuini are closest for me but they are a risk at that.
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
LofL

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florø, Norway
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 2:31 am

I do agree on what you say about Cruz and Baronion etc. Caxi, but it will be impossible for us to get rid of all the other useless players. Baronio would be a good backup but I think we should keep Firmani instead if we can't keep him.

Cribari has to go, I read there is 5 (!) clubs interested in him. We should pay one to take him. Radu as Kolarov's replacement is to me the worst of all solutions. Radu has been brilliant this season as a centre back, he shouldn't be touched.

I doubt anyone would take Matuzalem and Meghni. Let's hope Meghni scorers a goal in the WC or something.
Back to top Go down
addi1900
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 23
Country and city : Reykjavík Iceland
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Have we settled for mediocrity?   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:54 am

I do not agree with you at all Caxi, players like Baronio, Cruz, Scaloni, Del Nero and Mauri are all smelling as. A part of the reason this season went so bad is because we relied on Mauri and Baronio to do the deeds. You can argue they would be good bench players but what do we expect from the bench? Someone who can come on and change the game. Mauri? Meh... maybe, but Baronio is terrible. GET HIM OUT OF LAZIO NOW!!! As for Scaloni, Cruz and Del Nero, what's the point in keeping these guys? All they do is pick up wages I would rather see spent on better quality players.
If we're gonna keep playing 3-5-2 I want a new defender, a new midfielder and a trequartista. And if Kolarov leaves a replacement. If this is not done we will be battling for mediocrity yet again.
Back to top Go down
Austria-Laziale
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Austria-Laziale

Number of posts : 10
Country and city : Austria, Wels
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:12 am

Caxi wrote:
Time to reignite this topic. Here are the players I want to see next season:

Goalkeepers:

Muslera
Berni
Iannarilli

Full Backs:

Scaloni
Lichtsteiner

Central Defenders:

Radu
Stendardo
Dias
Diakite'
Biava

Wingers:

Del Nero

Central Midfielders:

Ledesma
Baronio
Hitzlsperger
Mauri
Brocchi

Forwards:

Floccari
Rocchi
Zarate
Cruz
Barreto

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 233637

- Cruz is old, slow and useless.
- Baronio was the most underperforming central midfielder this season. Get rid off him!
- Mauri has sometimes perfect games, but in front of the goal he sucks.
- Biava is the new Siviglia...
- Del Nero won't bring us to a next level.
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
LazioS70

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:18 am

Austria-Laziale.....Mauri? Dont you remember he has re-born. Be lucky lotito extended his deal. Agree....baronio, cruz, mauri, scaloni and biava are rubbish...
Back to top Go down
Austria-Laziale
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Austria-Laziale

Number of posts : 10
Country and city : Austria, Wels
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:40 am

We can keep him, but he can't be a starter.

C'mon guys, when we stick with the same big roster like this year, nothing will change.

12-15 players out, 5 quality players in.

Out: Bizzarri, Scaloni, Kolarov, Siviglia, Biava, Bonetto, Firmani, Dabo, Meghni, Baronio, Manfredini, Del Nero, Makinwa, Inzaghi, Cruz.

In: 1-2 Defenders, 2 midfielders, 1 striker.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:37 pm

i'll keep just: Zarate, Kolarov, Radu, Dias and Floccari.
all others are free to go.. especially players like: Baronio, Mauri, Biava, Inzaghi, Manf, Maki, Cruz.. all this must go far far away from Lazio.
and also club must start to give more chance to youth players.
and never play again that old age tactic from 1913
Back to top Go down
addi1900
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 23
Country and city : Reykjavík Iceland
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:41 am

Only those Zoran? What about Muslera, the best goalie in Serie A. I would also keep Stendardo, Lichtsteiner, Rocchi, Foggia, Brocchi and Diakite.

For Me: Goalies
Muslera, Berni,

Defenders
Radu, Dias, Stendardo, Diakite,

Midfielders.
Brocchi, maybe Ledesma, Foggia, Kolarov, Lichtsteiner

Strikers
Rocchi, Floccari, Zarate

that's 13 players I consider good enough to play for Lazio. Buy 4 quality players, a defender, two midfielders and someone to play behind the strikers ala Mauri. Then for fuck sakes get someone from the Primavera. Those guys have been doing great and I hate what we are doing when I see the likes of Poli (Sampa) and Paloschi. We have talent as well. If Faraoni stays back up for Lichtsteiner and Cinque and Perpetuini should get games as well next season and also Tuia fresh from Monza (Where he has been playing first team football all season). Iannarilli as the 3rd keeper.
Roster of 22 players, 17 who are actually good and 5 from the Primavera. We really don't need a bigger squad since there is no Europe next season.
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:01 am

addi1900 wrote:
Only those Zoran? What about Muslera, the best goalie in Serie A. I would also keep Stendardo, Lichtsteiner, Rocchi, Foggia, Brocchi and Diakite.
they r good2 but i say they can be free to go if someone pays good money for them so i think that they can be replaced....
anyway i don't think that Muslera is much better that Carrizo or Berni so if we have a big offer for him i think we should accept... yeah Muslera sometimes is very good but also sometimes he cost us points.... he isn't JCesar,Buffon,Frey ..almost all others Serie A goalkeepers this year where playing at Muslera level..
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:10 am

we need two good midlfield players,
flocari to stay together with lichty and ledesma,
selling the players like baronio,manfre,inzaghi,del nero,firmani,biava,maki...
keep diakite, matu,brochhi,foggia,meghni,mauri(if they cant be starters we can use them)
and then we will have team like this:
muslera,lichty,dias,diakite,radu(if we dont find replacemnt for kolarov,otherwise radu instead diakite)-defence.stendardo and diakite as subs are very solid
ledesma,brochi,NEW one,NEW on- we will have matuzalem,foggia,meghni and hitz(if he stays)as the subs and for diferent combinations in midlle we will have diferent type of players,atacking one foggia,meghni,and clasical midle matuzalem,mauri and hitz
zarate,flocari-rochi,bareto as the subs
Back to top Go down
Mirjalovic
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Mirjalovic

Number of posts : 53
Country and city : Kutaraja-Rome
Laziale since : Ketika gw sadar langit berwarna biru

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:50 pm

the players who i wanted to stay is Baronio. He is criminally underrated in this board.

& if we could trade Ledesma to something worth it, let say the example are, Marek Hamsik, etc, i'm happy.
Back to top Go down
danielganx
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
danielganx

Number of posts : 450
Country and city : Indonesia , Jakarta
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:51 pm

Mirjalovic wrote:
the players who i wanted to stay is Baronio. He is criminally underrated in this board.

& if we could trade Ledesma to something worth it, let say the example are, Marek Hamsik, etc, i'm happy.

nice example Wink i also hope that maybe we can give maybe foggia+meghni/money to get hamsik drunken
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:51 pm

tare said: ledesma litch and zarate remain; but kolarov will leave for the good of everyone...

im ok, i really didnt want to loose one of the few true quality players we have
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Cash

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 EmptySat May 22, 2010 2:01 am

valdanito_10 wrote:
tare said: ledesma litch and zarate remain; but kolarov will leave for the good of everyone...

im ok, i really didnt want to loose one of the few true quality players we have

With all due respect Valda, do you trust Tare???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD   GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE SQUAD
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next