Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

England - Premier League

Go down 
+55
danielganx
Cornholio
Done
english eagle
Terry
flurffmeister
Petter
lazio365
Nickx13
drake1900
phantomm1976
Bridge-Bhoy
William-85
bermudalazio
valdanito_10
hamidsinisa
Namortsac
usampa
LazioCheers43
Jofo
Kurama_SSLazio
LazialeMalta
3isa
Giolazio
Thiago
Jimbitz
Uragano
Broencoceleste
Roman_Eagle
frederick
tcp_13
Henrik
Taib
The_Passion_Of_Lazio
martinese
Gianni Calcio
Ed
Sturges
Dejan
zrc
viper
Trequartista
Sile
Mafalda
Ivan
pazke
David
Cash
LofL
Caxi
Laziale``
Bobbi
Amir
Dan
Belgio
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Belgio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Belgio

Number of posts : 785
Country and city : Italia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-05-09

England - Premier League Empty
PostSubject: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySun May 25, 2008 2:19 am

The official topic dedicated to the Premier League.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Dan

Number of posts : 101
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:39 pm

Avram Grant was sacked yesterday, I wonder who will replace him? Possibly a Mourinho return? I doubt it. Maybe Mancini from Inter? I think he is the most likely...
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Amir

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:45 pm

I read that Mancini - through his assosiates reported for the vacant position but he was rejected instantly by the Chelsea management.

I would love to see Marcelo Lippi there.
Back to top Go down
Dan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Dan

Number of posts : 101
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyWed May 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Me too I’d love to see how Lippi would do in England, but he’s said countless times that he would only consider Spain other than Italy, which is a real shame… He is one of the best managers in the world…
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 7:59 am

So with Scolari in charge of Chelsea this season how do you all think he will do?
I think he will have a good season in England. Chelsea have brought in some more quality players such as Deco and Bosingwa and if they manage to keep hold of Drogba, Lampard, Ballack, Carvalho and so on, I think they will have a good season and win something. They have lost Makelele to PSG though. In my opinion he was an important player at Stamford Bridge but will see how Scolari manages. Perhaps he will switch the formations around to accommodate his playing style.

And also what about the Ronaldo saga still on? I feel that Madrid will push forward for his signature but in the end he will stay at Old Trafford.
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziale``

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:35 pm

Hey guys do you play fantasy premier league? We can make our laziofever league there and I will kick your ass Twisted Evil tongue
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Man U or Chelsea for the tile unless another team performs miracles and with Fergie's experience and knowledge of the league, I don't think Scolari has a chance.

As for a Laziofever fantasy football league, count me in.
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
LofL

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florř, Norway
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am

I think with Chelseas new signings they will win this year, but probably will be just as close as last years ending.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 2:02 am

I think Chelsea may just pull it out this season but ManU always do well.
As a Liverpool fan I would love to see Gerrard and company mount a serious challenge to the title.... I think they will do better than last season, perhaps 3rd but I still don't think Rafa has the right amount of English experience to win it but off course I hope he does Very Happy

As for the fantasy football we should definitely do a Laziofever league again this season. I remember last season there was one where 11 or so people participated in lol hopefully more this time.... think I came like 4th or 5th
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Laziale``

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Ok guys I created a fantasy league...so come join in

183429-93648 Here is the code England - Premier League 513117
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 6:11 pm

I joined, there are two of us now, we need more competition, sign up guys!!!
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
LofL

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florř, Norway
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 8:07 pm

I joined, under name LoffeL.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Cash

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 am

I dont really care about EPL, but I hope Arsenal win this year...

However, everyone should fear Torres-Keane!

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=115595
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Hopefully Torres and Keane do well together as do Liverpool!

I will join that one soonish Very Happy I might wait till towards the end so to see any final transfers going through.
Back to top Go down
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
David

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:57 pm

I'm in as Dynamo Dave FC England - Premier League 814638
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:35 am

just for the record, my team is "Laziofever's Finest"

perhaps we should set up a separate thread throughout the year where we can discuss things more related to fantasy football than the EPL.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
pazke

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:39 am

Pazke City F.C. presente ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 pm

I am in as LazioLevski Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
Ivan

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 am

I don't like the impact "the big four" have on the league. How can it be most exciting league in the world if even before the season begins you know who the top four teams are going to be. You always have Newcastle, Tottenham and Everton (maybe even Villa and City) saying how they will try to "break in" to the "top four" but every year they realize that's an illusion.

You have Benitez' Liverpool with him always fielding his best players in the CL and resting players against Bolton, Reading and so on. These game usually end 0:0 and after a couple of months of the season they come to the same conclusion. "Oh we're trailing United, Chelsea and Arsenal by 12 points. We surely can't make up for that difference, we'll just focus on the Champions League". I always have the impression that Benitez is careful and thorough in preparing the CL games and less enthusiastic when traveling to face Reading.

United and Chelsea are strongest. Chelsea have even kept Lampard. They have a very experienced squad but if I were them I would go for a couple of younger players. Just look at Drogba, Deco, Carvalho, Ballack. They're all 31, Lampard 30.
United have a bench full of talented experienced players. Last season they had Anderson, Nani and Haargreaves (among others) sitting on the bench. They paid Bayern 25 million euro for a player to sit on the bench and it's not a problem. Unreal if you ask me.

As many pundits have already said, Arsenal lack experienced players. When they a few players out injured they have no choice but to replace them with 16, 17 and 18 year olds who undeniably have talent but aren't ready yet to take the responsibility. This year they are stocked with strikers - they managed to keep Adebayor and there's Van Persie, Walcott, Bendtner, Vela and in a few months Eduardo going to be back (hopefully to his best). That's a lot of options up front.

I really like what Juande Ramos is doing at Spurs. They will probably loose Berbatov but if they manage to get Arshavin, they are going to have a lot of quality and creative players (Modrić, Arshavin, Jenas, Bentley, Dos Santos). Bent and Arshavin would complement each other well up front.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 3:50 am

you have to admire what Ferguson has achieved at United, even nowadays, he has this ability to keep all his men happy and as a team. The fact that Carrick and Hargreaves, who cost a combined 55 million euro or so, can both be sitting on the bench for a few games and still be happy playing for the club says a lot. Even guys like Fletcher, who is a quality player, who could easily fit in the midfield of an Aston Villa or Everton, can stay at the club for years while not even playing half the games. Incredible!

Chelsea have a great squad but they've peaked.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 7:00 am

It will be interesting to see how Scolari does in this first season in England and in Europe altogether at Chelsea. If he gets in right from the beginning till the end then I consider them favourites to win the league but if he does not, then Ferguson will definitely give ManUtd a very, very good chance of reclaiming the league title. Especially so if Ronaldo stays put. Unfortunately Liverpool and Arsenal, most people would agree, are not yet at the same level. They have the squads, especially Benitez, put what cost him last time was unfortunately too many draws against teams which the Reds should have beaten, with respect. I think they only lost 4 times last season in the EPL which is very impressive but at the same time drew far too many. Arsenal had a very good start and I thought they would win it but unfortunately attractive football does not always equal trophies. It was sad how close they were with less than 10 games remaining but could not keep it up till the end. Their 3rd spot finish was harsh I thought and they deserved more than that!

I think this time around both Liverpool and Arsenal will do better and will challenge well with ManUtd and Chelsea.... would love to finally see a Liverpool league win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 3:28 am

Liverpool won away at Sunderland 1-0 thanks to a Torres strike!
Blackburn also won away at Everton 3-2.... they have a good team!
Bolton, Hull City, West Ham, Arsenal and Middlesborough all won aswell!
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Middlesborough looked impressive, Liverpool and Arsenal looked solid, good season in the making.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 am

Arsenal - West Bromwich 1 - 0
Hull - Fulham 2 - 1
Everton - Blackburn 2 - 3
Middlesbrough - Tottenham 2 - 1
Bolton - Stoke 3 - 1
West Ham - Wigan Athletic 2 - 1
Sunderland - Liverpool 0 - 1
Chelsea - Portsmouth 4 - 0
Aston Villa - Manchester City 4 - 2
Man Utd. - Newcastle 1 - 1

Deco had a very impressive debut for Chelsea scoring one and assisting aswell. Agbonlahor got a hat trick in Villa's 4-2 win over City and United drew at home without Ronaldo playing.
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Amir

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 12:09 pm

Chelsea looked pretty impressive that day.

Amazing game by them. All players seem to be in great form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England - Premier League   England - Premier League Empty

Back to top Go down

England - Premier League
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next