Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09

Go down 
+61
flurffmeister
Amir
Conn
martinese
Lazioscot
usampa
ryuenjin
Namortsac
bermudalazio
Matrim
aDDi
Secret_Samadhi
CoreanoLaziale
ilsemprelaziale
Danish-Laziofan
Joschi
ALEXMO89
lazialejakarta
Nesta
Ed
LofL
Uragano
Libero
indian_eagle
Skenderbeu
LazioS70
AbedElkader
Trequartista
zoran
Rizmo
blue-white
Super Ram
danielganx
Nickx13
Jofo
Caput Mundi
Bobbi
Thiago
phantomm1976
Cash
Ermetico
Juve_guy
William-85
Giolazio
pazke
IRR87
joeyd816
centrocampista
Caxi
Bridge-Bhoy
rockybalboa83
Roman_Eagle
drake1900
Boksic
MCMLXXXII
lazio365
Kurama_SSLazio
LazioRotterdam
Sile
Kris
hamidsinisa
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Sile

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 pm

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/lazio/?action=read&idnotizia=7287

At the bottom of this article that has an interview about the stadium in Rome, there is a small paragraph mentioning that Buffon took a flower to the Gabbo banner and kissed the picture.
Bravo Gigi cheers
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Giolazio

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 pm

Sile wrote:

At the bottom of this article that has an interview about the stadium in Rome, there is a small paragraph mentioning that Buffon took a flower to the Gabbo banner and kissed the picture.
Bravo Gigi cheers

Not only a great professional but a great man. Bravo Gigi.
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
drake1900

Number of posts : 383
Country and city : belgio ,malines
Laziale since : since i was 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Sile wrote:

Bravo Gigi cheers
not only bufon but also a delegation of juve's Drughi took flowers to the banner! Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 750579
Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
flurffmeister

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 11:54 pm

drake1900 wrote:
Sile wrote:

Bravo Gigi cheers
not only bufon but also a delegation of juve's Drughi took flowers to the banner! Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 750579

He said also when the journalist asked why did he go to the Curva Nord "i went to the curva for 2 reasons , the first because i wanted to salute all the curva nord fans who never miss a game for italy and cheer for the team and supporting all the players even for whatever team they belonged to , and such fans u never find in other teams in italy.the 2nd reason is that last year i wanted to honor Gabriele last year during the lazio juve clash but i couldnt because i was injured so that was the perfect time to do it."
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
El Weninho

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:10 am

Cash wrote:
I am amazed by the amount of positive comments after this defeat. In my opinion, we didnt have a brilliant game, and the fact that we had the major portion of the possesion without really being dangerous is a failure in itself. With a juve and a ref against us, it is more or less impossible to win, and I do agree that we showed quite a bit of heart this game, but all in all I think our weaknesses were presented with a tremendous effect...

Their goal is a typical sign of a defence that isnt balanced and that hasnt the quality needed. We should have been there to clear the ball that Caceres scored on. They managed to defeat any cross or attack wotghout letting a goal in... We had as many crosses as they did, why didnt we manage to score? Honestly, beside the goal that was ruled out (wrongly...) we didnt really make a serious threat, despite having a few good initiatives taken by Kolarov, Foggia and Matu.

Another weakness that was very evident is the lack of quality in the squad. Yes, no other club can make without their superstar,but what was going on against juve was a clear display on the fact that we have a bunch of decent players in the team, but we dont have many quality players. This is a result of Lotito mercati; not replacing Ledesma and Pandev with at least as good players is a crime. Last year we achieved a draw against juve, this time we lost 2-0. Improvement? Not in my eyes...

Lastly, three comments on individual players:
1. Extend Kolarov's and Muslera's contracts NOW. If this is not done, they too will leave to larger clubs fairly soon. They make a salary less than Manfred, Inzaghi or Brocchi... (by the way, so does Pandev and Ledesma...)
2. Cruz is a good player in the box, but only there. I know he will score plenty this season, he has that edge in front of goal, but him being our only addition in attack is a joke. In a game where we are not creating many chances, Cruz doesnt make any sense. And sadly enough, with Rocchi out we are left with...Inzaghi...
3. In my eyes Baronio showed he is not up to it - again. Many of you seem to have seen differently. No matter what, we havent got much fantasy with Roberto dictating the game. This is serious and this will make us suffer. Either he needs to step it up, or Ledesma needs to sign a new contract...

Our defence being a bit more organised made me happy, and so did the players showing heart and at least running for the whole game. We deserved a better result, and a point against juve (which, in all honesty, had a few decent players out) would have been great. But after a 2-0 defeat, at home, I am having a hard time praising the achievement...

Good post. I agree with you.

The postive things was that the players showed passion and even some quality. They deserve to be praised for that. Mr Ballardini also deserves to me mentioned, as he got the absolute best out of his material. As he said himself, I don't think we could have done a better game. But yet Juventus won because they had more qualitys.

What also worries me is that the defeat seems to be an honorable one. As you say, last year we got a tie against Juventus. Even if we didn't dominated the midfield back then we at least managed to score and only concede one goal. I can't really see how it was better now. I suspect our previous two wins has something to do with it. It's easy to blame to referee, it sure was an awful call, but let's not forget we were pretty lucky against Chievo.

Baronio does his best and is really good on what he's doing. The difference from Ledesma is that he lacks the quality to do anything that breaks the pattern. I agree with you that we lack quality in that position.

And our bench... we hade absulutely no player to introduce that could change anything in our game to the better. Not only does our first eleven lack the quality that it had last year, but we also have a weeker bench. Because of Lotito, of course.

That's worrying, even if Ballardini and the players are performing on their top level right now. But they will not be able to do that during the whole season.
Back to top Go down
William-85
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
William-85

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 pm

William-85 wrote:
What was the official attendance at this game?

Anyone know this???
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:40 pm

El Weninho wrote:
Cash wrote:
I am amazed by the amount of positive comments after this defeat. In my opinion, we didnt have a brilliant game, and the fact that we had the major portion of the possesion without really being dangerous is a failure in itself. With a juve and a ref against us, it is more or less impossible to win, and I do agree that we showed quite a bit of heart this game, but all in all I think our weaknesses were presented with a tremendous effect...

Their goal is a typical sign of a defence that isnt balanced and that hasnt the quality needed. We should have been there to clear the ball that Caceres scored on. They managed to defeat any cross or attack wotghout letting a goal in... We had as many crosses as they did, why didnt we manage to score? Honestly, beside the goal that was ruled out (wrongly...) we didnt really make a serious threat, despite having a few good initiatives taken by Kolarov, Foggia and Matu.

Another weakness that was very evident is the lack of quality in the squad. Yes, no other club can make without their superstar,but what was going on against juve was a clear display on the fact that we have a bunch of decent players in the team, but we dont have many quality players. This is a result of Lotito mercati; not replacing Ledesma and Pandev with at least as good players is a crime. Last year we achieved a draw against juve, this time we lost 2-0. Improvement? Not in my eyes...

1. Extend Kolarov's and Muslera's contracts NOW. If this is not done, they too will leave to larger clubs fairly soon. They make a salary less than Manfred, Inzaghi or Brocchi... (by the way, so does Pandev and Ledesma...)
2. Cruz is a good player in the box, but only there. I know he will score plenty this season, he has that edge in front of goal, but him being our only addition in attack is a joke. In a game where we are not creating many chances, Cruz doesnt make any sense. And sadly enough, with Rocchi out we are left with...Inzaghi...
3. In my eyes Baronio showed he is not up to it - again. Many of you seem to have seen differently. No matter what, we havent got much fantasy with Roberto dictating the game. This is serious and this will make us suffer. Either he needs to step it up, or Ledesma needs to sign a new contract...

Our defence being a bit more organised made me happy, and so did the players showing heart and at least running for the whole game. We deserved a better result, and a point against juve (which, in all honesty, had a few decent players out) would have been great. But after a 2-0 defeat, at home, I am having a hard time praising the achievement...

The postive things was that the players showed passion and even some quality. They deserve to be praised for that. Mr Ballardini also deserves to me mentioned, as he got the absolute best out of his material. As he said himself, I don't think we could have done a better game. But yet Juventus won because they had more qualitys.

What also worries me is that the defeat seems to be an honorable one. As you say, last year we got a tie against Juventus. Even if we didn't dominated the midfield back then we at least managed to score and only concede one goal. I can't really see how it was better now. I suspect our previous two wins has something to do with it. It's easy to blame to referee, it sure was an awful call, but let's not forget we were pretty lucky against Chievo.

Baronio does his best and is really good on what he's doing. The difference from Ledesma is that he lacks the quality to do anything that breaks the pattern. I agree with you that we lack quality in that position.

And our bench... we hade absulutely no player to introduce that could change anything in our game to the better. Not only does our first eleven lack the quality that it had last year, but we also have a weeker bench. Because of Lotito, of course.

That's worrying, even if Ballardini and the players are performing on their top level right now. But they will not be able to do that during the whole season.

Because this year Juventus is much stronger? Because this year Juventus is most likely going to be the only team that looks like legitimately challenging Internazionale for the scudetto? Juventus invested €50 million on two players in Felipe Melo and Diego. They are a much stronger team then last year when Ranieri was in charge.
Back to top Go down
William-85
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
William-85

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 pm

Ali Alkatiri wrote:
According to ESPN 60,000 attendances.

Grazie!!!
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
El Weninho

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:03 am

Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Cash wrote:

Because this year Juventus is much stronger? Because this year Juventus is most likely going to be the only team that looks like legitimately challenging Internazionale for the scudetto? Juventus invested €50 million on two players in Felipe Melo and Diego. They are a much stronger team then last year when Ranieri was in charge.

I fail to see how it would be an improvement to go from 1-1 to 0-2, no matter how much better Juventus is this season.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:36 am

I see both sides of that argument but it's a good point, if Juventus have improved that much, it just shows we haven't improved to the same degree...
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister
Broencoceleste

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 7:06 am

Caxi wrote:
I see both sides of that argument but it's a good point, if Juventus have improved that much, it just shows we haven't improved to the same degree...

the referee's involvement for juve winning also has improved again compare to last season, never been that dominant since moggi era!! lol

evaluating the club's improvement with just seeing the result of one night is not really fair IMO
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Henrik

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm

We cannot compare last season's result with this result. If so, Lazio - Atalanta 0-1 last season, now we won 1-0. This doesn't necessarily mean that we have improved and the Juve game doesn't mean that we've been worsen.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli
Caxi

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:59 pm

I agree, but you have to evaluate at some point.
Back to top Go down
joeyd816
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 108
Country and city : USA, New York
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Caxi wrote:
I agree, but you have to evaluate at some point.

January, and you must count for uefa of course, if we have same record in january as we did last season. I would say thats an improvement since now we are fighting in uefa as well while last years team didnt have that responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 6:02 pm

El Weninho wrote:
Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Cash wrote:

I fail to see how it would be an improvement to go from 1-1 to 0-2, no matter how much better Juventus is this season.

Because we gave a good account of ourselves. Do you think it is realistic to be drawing against Juventus from now on just because we draw against them last season? That is just so stupid it is not even true. You have to look at the performance. We matched them for 70 minutes and we could have gone in front if the referee never made that incorrect call. Just because we never matched the result from last season does not mean it was not an improvement. That is retarded and myopic.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Cash wrote:

Because we gave a good account of ourselves. Do you think it is realistic to be drawing against Juventus from now on just because we draw against them last season? That is just so stupid it is not even true. You have to look at the performance. We matched them for 70 minutes and we could have gone in front if the referee never made that incorrect call. Just because we never matched the result from last season does not mean it was not an improvement. That is retarded and myopic.

This is what I called Extra Large quote. XXL bom
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
El Weninho

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 5:37 am

Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:
Taib wrote:
El Weninho wrote:

No, I don't think it would be realistic to draw Juventus from now on just because we managed 1-1 last season. Who said that? Not me. That would indeed be so stupid it is not even true. But if you look at my previous post you will see why I think like I do and you will probably find out that I don't base that opinion only on the result, but rather used it to try to make my point. But yes, honestly I still fail to see how it would be an improvement to go from 1-1 to 0-2, even if I'm not stupid and know that there are exceptions.

I use last seasons game because it's relevant in comparison. I agree with you it was an improvement in point of running and showing passion. I also agree with you that is was an improvement in point of coaching from the bench. But as I said, in quality I saw nothing that improved from last seasons game. And that's what I base my opinion on.

It's not very unlike Lazio to go crazy on intensity against those kind of teams. Sometimes it payes off, as it did in the Coppa Italia last year. But you can't play those games for ever and whenever you do, you better win them. It's not very surprising that we lost to Salzburg tonight because of the performance suturday.

We dominated the midfield against Juventus, for sure, which is strong because they had Melo there compared to last season. But we didn't exactly created any clear chances except from the disallowed goal. Juventus had nine shots on target, Lazio five (Gazzetta). Last season it was eight for Juventus and four for Lazio. This time Juventus scored twice and Lazio didn't at all. Maybe I'm a statistics freak, but from that I can't see no improvement either.

I think a pretty clear example is the supercoppa-game against Inter. I have seen Lazio played much more aggresive and offensive in previous games against them. I even saw ties against them before. But I still say that this years game was an improvement, because we defended clever and took care of our chances. In my opinion that's exactly what Juve did against us saturday.

When the Interisti said they did not deserve to loose the supercoppa-final and blamed to referee for the goal, I remember thinking that they should have other things to worry about. Like their own game for example.

Pretty much the same with Lotito saturday, even if he did not critisize the referee diretly. The players did their best, but we lacked the quality. Instead of praising the team and talk about factors that you can't control I think he should have though about if it would have been possible to win this game with the quality of players like Ledesma, Pandev and the defender he more or less promised. That's indeed a part you can control.

I suspect you won't agree on any this, but that's at least the way I see it.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Cash

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 4:21 pm

and, more or less, how I see it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09   Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09 - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Serie A: LAZIO-JUVENTUS, Saturday, 12-09-09
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8