Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

België/Belgique - Jupiler League

Go down 
+11
Boksic
drake1900
MCMLXXXII
Sile
Bridge-Bhoy
Cash
Caxi
Bobbi
Laziale``
pazke
Belgio
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Laziale 86
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Laziale 86

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : Belgium
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2009-11-11

België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Here some info over my favourite local team: KSK Beveren. At the moment we stay at the second division, and we are fighting against relegation.

België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 KSK_Beveren

Koninklijke Sportkring Beveren (English: Royal Sporting Club of Beveren) is a Belgianfootball club, from the town of Beveren in East Flanders. It is famous for its goalkeeping school that has produced such players as Jean-Marie Pfaff, Filip De Wilde, Geert De Vlieger, Erwin Lemmens and Tristan Peersman, all of whom have played in the Belgium national football team. Wilfried Van Moer, a midfielder who also went on to represent Belgium, started his career at Beveren.

A club named Standaard Club Beveren was founded in 1921 and it merged later with F.C. Amical (English: F.C. Friendly) but the club folded in 1931. Three years later the footballers of Standaard Club decided to found a new club, which they named S.K. Beveren-Waes. It became a member of the Belgian Football Association in 1935. Ten seasons after, the club changed its name to S.K. Beveren-Waas (Beveren is a town in the Waasland - Pays de Waes region). After 14 seasons in the Belgian Provincial leagues, Beveren-Waas reached the fourth national level in 1948, and the third division in 1951. In 1966, they reached the second division for the first time, and , led by future national manager Guy Thijs, were surprise winners of the league. Since then, it has been relegated from the top division three times(1972, 1990 and 1996), but on each occasion was re-promoted at the first attempt. The club changed its name again, to K.S.K. Beveren, in 1978, and under this name enjoyed their greatest successes, being surprise champions in 1979 and 1984. In 1979 they beat Inter in the Cup Winners' Cup, eventually being eliminated by FC Barcelona in the semifinals. In 2006 they were threatened with loss of their professional licence and subsequent relegation to the third division, but eventually won an appeal to preserve their status. However, in 2007, the club ended last in the Jupiler League and was forced to go to the second division.

For several years, the Beveren squad consisted mostly of players from Ivory Coast - a policy often criticised in the Belgian media. Jean-Marc Guillou founded the youth academy of ASEC Mimosas in Abidjan, and most of the Ivorian players have transferred from there, taking advantage of Belgium's relatively easy work permit regulations. Despite the critics, Beveren has delivered some great players their first experience in Europe. Gilles Yapi Yapo, Yaya Toure, Arthur Boka, Koffi Ndri Romaric, Gervinho and Emmanuel Eboué are examples, all having Champions League experience.

Belgian First Division:
Winners (2): 1978-79, 1983-84

Belgian Cup:
Winners (2): 1977-78, 1982-83

Belgian Supercup:
Winners (1): 1984
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
drake1900

Number of posts : 383
Country and city : belgio ,malines
Laziale since : since i was 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Laziale 86 wrote:
Here some info over my favourite local team: KSK Beveren. At the moment we stay at the second division, and we are fighting against relegation.

België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 KSK_Beveren

Koninklijke Sportkring Beveren (English: Royal Sporting Club of Beveren) is a Belgianfootball club, from the town of Beveren in East Flanders. It is famous for its goalkeeping school that has produced such players as Jean-Marie Pfaff, Filip De Wilde, Geert De Vlieger, Erwin Lemmens and Tristan Peersman, all of whom have played in the Belgium national football team. Wilfried Van Moer, a midfielder who also went on to represent Belgium, started his career at Beveren.

A club named Standaard Club Beveren was founded in 1921 and it merged later with F.C. Amical (English: F.C. Friendly) but the club folded in 1931. Three years later the footballers of Standaard Club decided to found a new club, which they named S.K. Beveren-Waes. It became a member of the Belgian Football Association in 1935. Ten seasons after, the club changed its name to S.K. Beveren-Waas (Beveren is a town in the Waasland - Pays de Waes region). After 14 seasons in the Belgian Provincial leagues, Beveren-Waas reached the fourth national level in 1948, and the third division in 1951. In 1966, they reached the second division for the first time, and , led by future national manager Guy Thijs, were surprise winners of the league. Since then, it has been relegated from the top division three times(1972, 1990 and 1996), but on each occasion was re-promoted at the first attempt. The club changed its name again, to K.S.K. Beveren, in 1978, and under this name enjoyed their greatest successes, being surprise champions in 1979 and 1984. In 1979 they beat Inter in the Cup Winners' Cup, eventually being eliminated by FC Barcelona in the semifinals. In 2006 they were threatened with loss of their professional licence and subsequent relegation to the third division, but eventually won an appeal to preserve their status. However, in 2007, the club ended last in the Jupiler League and was forced to go to the second division.

For several years, the Beveren squad consisted mostly of players from Ivory Coast - a policy often criticised in the Belgian media. Jean-Marc Guillou founded the youth academy of ASEC Mimosas in Abidjan, and most of the Ivorian players have transferred from there, taking advantage of Belgium's relatively easy work permit regulations. Despite the critics, Beveren has delivered some great players their first experience in Europe. Gilles Yapi Yapo, Yaya Toure, Arthur Boka, Koffi Ndri Romaric, Gervinho and Emmanuel Eboué are examples, all having Champions League experience.

Belgian First Division:
Winners (2): 1978-79, 1983-84

Belgian Cup:
Winners (2): 1977-78, 1982-83

Belgian Supercup:
Winners (1): 1984

fc ivory coast hahaha yust kidding he!
you guys were a very strong team who i liked to see play!to bad you guys are now in 2 div.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
Sile

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 pm

I watched them in Zagreb when they played Dinamo in Uefa Cup in 2004, Dinamo beat Beveren 6-1. i remember the fans asking questions how it's possible for a Belgian team to have 10 black players out of 11. But they were better than the scoreline suggests, and the fans were also ok, no trouble, drinking beer around town.

Were they also involved in that scandal that they're a player factory for Arsenal and other EPL clubs?
Back to top Go down
Laziale 86
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Laziale 86

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Oh yes, and the only Belgian player (Vleminckx) made the goal in the match against Dinamo Very Happy
Arsenal had the first choise to buy players from Beveren. They only bought Eboue. Wenger is a friend of Guillou (the boss of the academy), that was the reasen from the partnership between the 2 teams. In fact Guillou wanted to deserve a lot of money, with the sell of the players.

I understand your point Drake1900. Even it was a strong team, it's the Belgian league, not the Ivorian. You should play with at least 5-6 players from your own country.

Now we are in 2 division, and all the Ivorian players left the club 2 seasons ago.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
pazke

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 11:42 pm

he he Laziale 86, seems we got the odd rivalry again (SKB v KSCL) ,sadly you're stuck bottom in 2nd Div and were bottom in the 1st Div ... maybe we'll meet next season, but I hope NOT !
Back to top Go down
Laziale 86
Aquilotto
Aquilotto
Laziale 86

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 12:49 am

You are from Lokeren?

If both teams keeps up playing like now, we will meet eachother in 1... provenciale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 215
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member
pazke

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Saved by the skin of the monkey balls ... it's was very very tight yesterday.

My team Lokeren had the same problems like Lazio, week after week battling to avoid the drop (no direct drop but play downs, due to Excelsior Moeskroen doing a 'Portsmouth').

Lokeren (18 points) played home to Anderlecht (the new future Champs), while Roeselare (17 points) played home to Westerlo (let's say like Bologna in Serie A, a monkey balls team as I say).

Lokeren had to win to avoid the play-downs for sure, but Anderlecht already scored 0-1 aft 2 min 46 sec by Lukaku, and before HT 0-2.
So for Roeselare, they had to simply beat Westerlo ... it stayed 0-0 at HT.

After the break, Anderlecht cruised to a 0-4 victory ... while in Roeselare v Westerlo it always stayed 0-0... extra time, Lokeren finished 0-4 ... Roeselare finished 0-0.

Lokeren saved... with equal points like Roeselare (18 pts), but with +1 victory over Roeselare... those are the rules here.
België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 2ltm23d
If they took the Serie A rules, in equal points the results of both teams against each other, Lokeren would have been dropped (win in Roe 1-2, but lost at home against Roe 1-4)

And now the best part, new rules this season, top 6 play each other for title/CL/EL, with half the points they got ... the other teams start from ZERO, for 1 extra EL ticket :
België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 23425_1399972482599_1330902070_2478113_8047319_n
cheers ... only in Belgium !
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
Henrik

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Haha, the last thing was strange.
Back to top Go down
drake1900
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli
drake1900

Number of posts : 383
Country and city : belgio ,malines
Laziale since : since i was 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:01 pm

pazke i am really happy that lokeren remain in the first division cheers
this wa a shitty season for you guys but next season i think you guys will be the surprise just like kortrijk and sint- truiden.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
martinese

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm really starting to like the belgium league and from the next season if bet365 keep showing games from the league I'll certainly be one of the people who will be watching.

I'm a big fan of the national team and I really like some of the players (young and old). I hope for all the best for the team and the country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyWed May 05, 2010 11:58 am

Hey Belgio... Congrats to entering the first devision again... Can you tell me how Nedzipi was playing over the season and will he be staying in Learse or they will not need him anymore
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
martinese

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 am

I'm looking forward to wathich the belgium league this season (through bet365) and the start was good (Anderlecht - Eupen) and I hope that tonight Lierse and Standard will make a good game.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Bobbi

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:52 am

I first saw the Jupiler league (apart from some Belgian sides in the UCL) when the 'European Football Show' was on NZ TV maybe 6-7 years ago, and got reasonably interested, and still watch highlights once in a while. Andy Vlahos (former NZ Kingz player) played for Cercle Brugge and so there was some coverage. I've always liked Club Brugge and in recent seasons Standard Liege as well. Have never liked Anderlecht though.

Yesterday's game between Lierse and Standard Liege was entertaining. Good win for the visitors but not a good start from Pieter's team. Hope they can turn it around and have a good season.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord
martinese

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:53 am

I've seen 2 games from the start of the season so far and in them I saw 10 goals ... what more can I want ? Very Happy I have to say I'm sorry for Lierse because they are one of the teams I like from a lot of time and I hope they start to take points from their next games. Is there a site where I can read news and can see the standings of the league (in english) ? And can someone from Belgium tell me about some of the rising stars and most of the good players from the league ? I know all the players from Anderlecht and Standard and I also know some of the other teams mainly from FM (Football Manager) and when I've watched some teams in the Europa League but it will be good if someone can tell me more about the players I should keep an eye on.
Back to top Go down
Nickx13
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 215
Country and city : Belgio, Anversa.
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 pm

The number one rising star is still Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht, a striker. Only 17 years old, but yet so powerfull. Mourinho wants him and also Chelsea and some others big clubs do. Another rising star is Victor Wanyama from my team, G. Beerschot. Piet Visser, the Dutch topscout of Chelsea, was at our matches for several times because of him. Our president asked €3.000.000, to much for them at this moment. Also Jelle Vossen from Racing Genk, striker, topscorer and much talented. His contract ends at the end of this season and he don't wants to sign a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: België/Belgique - Jupiler League   België/Belgique - Jupiler League - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

België/Belgique - Jupiler League
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3